Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tickle Me Tuesday


Hey.. Hey! Step away from that feather, I wasn't being LITERAL about tickling! Although, a good ticklefest with your kids (or inner child/loved ones)is always a fun treat for all!

From time to time, I like to share something that will help cheer you, encourage you and/or feed your soul and spirit. It's not a commercial or anything like that. Simply put -- you know when you find something you really like and you share it with you gal pals? It's that kind of idea. This could encompass anything that tickles your fancy.

I saw this product recently and just fell in love with it. It's an acorn locket that opens to reveal a secret message. Yes, I was one of those kids who loved creating special codes that only my friends could read, and sharing secret messages (you know, "A=1, B=2...). I'm the romantic who loves to tuck a love note in that special someone's pocket, or leave a note in your child's lunch box to encourage them, etc. So how cool is this?

Imagine giving it to a friend or a special female in your life with an itsy-bitsy note nestled inside that means something to both of you? Or a favorite quote? And hey, buy yourself your own flowers and Valentine's day gift and tuck a favorite Scripture verse or love note to yourself in to wear close to your heart! Wild women don't stand on principle, you know! Are you flying solo? Be your own Valentine! Okay, that's a whole 'nuther blog....

Anywhooo, the main thing here is that I thought this was a beautifully hand-crafted gift of love to yourself or another. I also embrace the symbolism of the acorn. It can represent human potential, strength, the small idea that can grow exponentially, how something that seems to die can rebirth and flourish. The crazy side of me also is tickled by what blogger Ree Drummond of The Pioneer Woman blog (which I highly recommend - click HERE to surf over) suggested about putting in the message "I'm nuts about you!"

And since I'm nuts about all my readers, I wanted to share this with all of you. Exercise your gifting muscle today, and consider blessing yourself or someone else with this expression of love and friendship today. Click HERE to go to www.etsy.com to read more or purchase. Be sure to swing by Bella Beads Studio as well to see other amazingly beautiful creations! Click HERE to visit!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda!

    Thank you so much for featuring me! This has been my lucky week. I love your insight into the acorn. My sentiments exactly. And I really appreciate your kind words about my site and jewelry. Your support is wonderful.

    Take care,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete